Re: How do you decide whether to make something a function or a script?

On 09/08/2018 08:21 PM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
The remote command in 'ssh myserver foo bar' indeed doesn't have access to functions or aliases, but it does go through a shell on the remote end. It simply uses a non-interactive shell. That's why changes to PATH in zshenv are honoured by ssh commands, and why functions aren't available (zshrc isn't read).

Okay.

There was a little doubt in my head when I wrote my reply, and there is more doubt now.

I still thought there was a way to get ssh to remotely execute commands /without/ invoking the shell. Maybe that's ssh sub-systems. They have a different method of invoking them.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die