Re: Strange problem with bindkey keys passing through to apps

David Woodfall wrote on Fri, 14 Sep 2018 12:38 +0100:
> The binds work fine except when I try to use them while running an
> app - e.g. weechat, mutt - they fail and e.g. mutt will see it as the
> bind to save the mail.
>
> It seems that zsh isn't grabbing the keys for some reason and they
> are falling through to the apps.
>
> Any ideas why these are passing through to apps and not grabbed by the shell?

That's how terminals work: input is sent only to the foreground process.
This is true not just for chorded keystrokes but for unchorded ones as
well: it's why when you open zsh from mutt (in this order) you can type
the command "mv" without composing a letter to somebody named "v".