Re: find duplicate files

On 2019-04-08 8:47 a.m., Oliver Kiddle wrote:

Thanks all.

There are multiple. I tend to use duff (DUplicate File Finder) for the
purpose. There's also samefile. And I've come across one or two others
over the years.

Oliver

So then why do we need a new zsh based solution?  Not that I'm complaining, maybe 'zdupe' would be good to have, but my light reading of the thing seems to be that this is essentially a plain vanilla search and existing solutions would be fine.  Mind, I suppose there are so many things that might or might not be considered that maybe custom solutions are needed  and of course for that custom code would be wanted.  I particularly note what Peter said about files that are logically different but coincidentally the same.