zcurses hello world

I'm trying to write a cli app with zcurses. I've looked at feedz, zmixer,
and tetriscurses and also ZUI but I couldn't find any very basic hello
world examples. I also found that feedz and zmixer don't work for me (zsh
5.7.1).

The only documentation I found was
http://zsh.sourceforge.net/Doc/Release/Zsh-Modules.html#The-zsh_002fcurses-Module
and
when trying zcurses init && zcurses addwindow ... nothing seems to happen
for me.

I also watch the videos on ncurses UI in zcurses but that all uses ZUI
which has it's own implementation.

Does someone have basic/intro hello world examples for zcurses?

Thanks

--
Justin Garrison
justingarrison.com