suffix alias where the app has a space in it

I'm trying to use suffix aliases, but I ran into one issue I can't
figure out: What do I do when I want to assign "The Unarchiver" as an
app for archives such as .xz

alias -s  xz="the unarchiver"

But that tries to use 'the' to open 'xz' files.

Is there a way to encode a space in the app name?

I tried googling but either the terms are too vague or no one has
written about this before.

Thanks!

TjL

p.s. - https://macpaw.com/the-unarchiver for anyone using a Mac who