Re: Get the result of the last glob

On 8/21/19, Aryn Starr <whereislelouch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks. I needed this to be non-interactive, and I indeed created a function
> for it, I was just wondering if it was possible to get the glob in a magic
> variable or sth, which it seems it is not.
[don't top post]

Yes, it's not possible to get anything like $lastglob, because globs
are expanded after forking¹ to run the external command, so no results
are available to the interactive shell for subsequent use.

¹ if you're not running an external command it would theoretically be
possible, but it would be an inconsistent interface.

--
Mikael Magnusson