Re: slow startup of zsh (1x slower than bash)

> Perhaps you can change your code to spawn fewer zsh processes?

I am doing so. But because zsh is much slower than bash, I will not use zsh
for my scripts at all. Only if it is faster than bash, I may consider using
it. I think this is one aspect that zsh developers may consider to optimize.

What does your code look like? I've seen plenty of code that spends
> most of its CPU time on forking but I don't recall seeing anything
> that calls `zsh -dfc` or the like in a tight loop.

I just use shebang to call a specific shell for a whole script.

> --
Regards,
Peng