Re: Opensource.com Zsh article

On 2019-09-19 11:04 a.m., Daniel Shahaf wrote:
On 2019-09-19 9:08 a.m., Daniel Shahaf wrote:

What's your attacker model?  I.e., what do you fear Mallory¹ might do
without our consent, that we need to prepare to counter?

No attacker, I'm just curious as to how such a scenario would work out.  Were it the case that some commercial entity decided to take over a project against the wishes of the traditional maintainers, how would it be resolved?  I hardly expect this to happen with zsh but such a thing is conceivable.  I guess GPL makes it unlikely that an open source project could ever be privatized, still someone as big as Apple could be determined to have their way vis a vis some change or other.  Just curious.