Re: Feature request: a new warning option

On Wed, 2019-10-09 at 07:07 -0700, Ray Andrews wrote:
> Maybe I'm the only one, but it has always seemed to me that in the
> entire cycle of developing software, the time spent entering keystrokes
> is a tiny fraction.  You save a few seconds typing a line, but come back
> to it a while later and you spend hours figuring out your own code.

This is certainly my experience, and of course it's a lot worse if it's
somebody else's code, which is an important point in any medium to large
scale software projects.

There's the separate question of whether short code is more readable in
some circumstances, which can be the case (or we'd be using some
derivative of COBOL or PROLOG for programming).  But if what it's doing
is obscure --- what you're reading isn't what you think you're reading
--- this advantage goes away.

pws