Re: Thoughts on protecting against PATH interception via user owned profiles

On 15 Dec 2019, at 00:57, Andrew Parker <andrew.j.c.parker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Consider Homebrew. The installation script calls sudo. The root shell
> inherits my user's env. Brew them executes numerous commands that can be
> intercepted. My system is now forever compromised.

You should le the folks at Brew know about this.

On my system brew does NOT invoked sudo unless I have to install something like bind, and when it does it does not inherit my environment.

--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Brain, but what kind of rides do they have in