Re: z-sy-h and z-asug: zle-line-pre-redraw, POSTDISPLAY, coexistence (was: Re: emulate bash key bindings)

Roman Perepelitsa wrote on Fri, 10 Jan 2020 18:14 +00:00:
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 7:09 PM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Might you be interested in writing a PR?
>
> I'm afraid I'm terribly over-committed :-/

No worries, and thanks for the info about POSTDISPLAY.  I assume that a
dummy widget that does «{ POSTDISPLAY=foo; region_highlight+=( "$#BUFFER
$(($#BUFFER + 2)) bold" ) }» could be used to mock z-asug for the purposes
of the coexistence issue?

> I'm trying to finish a couple of large features for p10k (which
> incidentally includes writing a zsh parser in zsh)

Isn't that basically what z-sy-h's main highlighter does?

https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh-syntax-highlighting/issues/327

Cheers,

Daniel