Re: [ANN] zsh-bin: statically-linked, hermetic, relocatable zsh

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 5:47 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2020-03-26 7:20 a.m., Roman Perepelitsa wrote:
>
> Roman:
>
> >    sh -c "$(curl -fsSL
> > https://raw.githubusercontent.com/romkatv/zsh-bin/master/install)"
> That was so fast I thought nothing had happened :-)
>
> One problem:  After moving the entire directory out of the default
> location to where I want it to be and setting link 'zsh' as appropriate:

You need to either install it to the correct location right away or
call `relocate` after moving the directory.

Install to the right directory right away:

  wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/romkatv/zsh-bin/master/install
  sh ./install -d /foo/bar
  PATH="/foo/bar/bin:$PATH"
  zsh

Install to the default location and then move:

  wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/romkatv/zsh-bin/master/install
  sh ./install
  mv ~/.zsh-bin /foo/bar
  /foo/bar/share/zsh/5.8/scripts/relocate
  PATH="/foo/bar/bin:$PATH"
  zsh

It's in the docs by the way. Check them out.

Roman.