Re: menu completion

thanks for the advices
I found that setting LISTMAX=100000 doesn't get me the interactive menu
completion, just the (normal?) menu completion without the "do you wish to
see" question
what I mean is (sorry if I am not using the correct terminology)
grep -<tab>
shows a list of options, but does not allow me to move through the options
with the arrows
if I do

compdef _gnu_generic grep

grep -<tab> gives me a menu like I want

in my .zshrc I have

zstyle ':completion:*' menu select=2

and nothing more specific to disable it just for grep
if I don't redefine the completer with compdef the default completer for
grep is _grep
so, is it possibile that the issue is that _grep doesn't do interactive
menu completion? is this something demanded to the completer to decide?

Pier Paolo Grassi