Re: Separate sections for manuals: what am I missing?

On 2020-04-05 20:45,
dana <dana@xxxxxxx> put forth the proposition:
> On 5 Apr 2020, at 20:14, Dave Woodfall <dave@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Thanks, that solves it.  One question though: Is it possible to tell
> > when you're in a manual select menu?  I suppose I could test if the
> > first word is `man'.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean. In what context / for what purpose?

My trick of setting LINES to limit how many menu lines are printed
messes up the prompt line if I press tab at the end of a line after a
section number has been inserted, the text on the line is repeated:

% man 3 printf an 3 printf
               ^

With the cursor on the A above the hat.  However, doing a zle -R in
my custom complete function fixes it.

--
Dave

The antibloat squad!
For those interested in no bloat, minimal desktop Linux
gopher://tty1.uk/1/?minimal-linux
http://tty1.uk/minimal-linux
#minimallinux @ chat.freenode.net