Re: help with installing and correctly configuring zsh on an amd 64 box running gentoo stable

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 12:07 PM Michael Fothergill
<michael.fothergill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I did it quite correctly because when I first ran chsh -s /bin/zsh  instead
> of running the start up script it asked for a password to
> be entered.

Are you worried about `chsh -s /bin/zsh` asking for your password?
That's the expected behavior of this command. Changing one's own login
shell requires password for all users except root.

Roman.