Re: here document within a switch fails to parse.

On 2021-01-06 11:18 a.m., Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 9:17 AM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Still I'd expect the here document
to be simply removed before parsing.
Think again about what you just wrote?

The parser is what determines where the here document begins and ends;
parsing IS what removes it.

Well yes.  I should have said that I'd expect it to be removed at the same level that comments are removed. Perhaps as Lawrence says this is not a good way to make comment blocks but apart from the one issue above, it seems entirely workable.