Re: Parameter subsitution

On 08 Jan 2021, at 15:53, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> What are you talking about!?
>
> Obviously my own attempt to be silly went wide of the mark.

Text is not always the best medium for silliness 😃

>> humorous to do or use something in a real situation
>
> % vi foo.c foo.h
> ... several commands ensue ...
> % !?foo.h?:gs/foo/bar
> vi bar.c bar.h

Ah, yes, I can see where that would be useful. I often (used to) do things in bash like `^string^replace` (I think that's right) but was frustrated that only replaced the first occurance and only in the previous command, so I got used to using up-arrow to get the command I wanted and then just manually editing.

Wonder why my zsh is not behaving as your with the recalling of l in the substation though.

$ zsh --version
zsh 5.8 (x86_64-apple-darwin20.0)

Maybe something in oh-m-z?

--