Re: Pre vcs versions of zsh

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 3:56 PM Eric Cook <llua@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> If i find more versions i'll add them to my account and reply to this thread.

Well, that's entertaining.  Couldn't find zsh-2.4?

zsh-2.5.x is, I believe, the period of the Great Interregnum, where a
faction that wanted to turn zsh into a perfect ksh clone took control
and most of the old guard backed away from the project for a couple of
years.  When that fizzled out, 2.6 was resurrected from 2.4 with only
the "good bits" of the 2.5 era preserved.  I think 2.6 may have become
3.0 without ever officially going past beta, but don't recall for
certain.

Looks like something is still here:
https://www.rpi.edu/dept/acm/packages/zsh/2.6-beta10/