Re: Disabling null elision (was: Re: Most Recent File)

On 2021-10-25 1:41 p.m., Daniel Shahaf wrote:
Yeah. I assume that if we make this change, then once the
incompatibility wave is past us (i.e., once everyone has made their code
Y2k compliant, so to speak), the resulting language would be more
intuitive — just like it's more intuitive with NO_SH_WORD_SPLIT than
with sh's word splitting behaviour.

Well, why not push an implementation to a branch?  If you've got the
tuits, of course.
But wouldn't such a thing be enabled via some option, so that nothing changes unless you explicitly activate it?  I have the same assumption regarding my various bitches and complaints -- some option enables the change so that nothing is different out of the box.