Re: key binding not working [SOLVED]

On 2022-09-25 23:28, Roman Perepelitsa wrote:

If the non-Debian version is https://github.com/romkatv/zsh-bin, then
you need to keep in mind that it does not read global rc files. This
is a statically built binary, so it has no way of knowing where global
rc files are.
Didn't know, but I'm glad to hear it,  I want all my config to start from a single script that I know about (/root/.zshrc in this case which your version does seem to find) but don't go sourcing this and that without asking.  Yes, when I first got involved the remember hunting down all the little things that zsh might go looking for and I killed them all -- after moving whatever functionality into *my* config path.

     zsh --sourcetrace -lis <<<exit

Fabulous, that's just what one wants to figure this kind of thing out.

If you run that on Debian with the system zsh, you'll see among other
things /etc/zsh/zshrc. If you look inside, you'll find awful things.
Yep.  I renamed that directory and now the Debian zsh configs itself properly and the up arrow is fine.  So now I'll look into those files and see what Debian thinks is good for me.

Some of them you can disable by defining special parameters in

The rest is way over my head but I'll save it play with it.  For now the /etc/zsh files are on ice and so far so good.

Thanks Roman, solved.

Hey, supposing we concluded solved threads with some indication, like I'm experimenting with in my subject line?