Re: var=$( typeset "$1" ) ... not within a function.

On 2022-10-21 07:24, Ray Andrews wrote:
(If case sensitivity was built in to typeset I'd not have to bother with the sed filter at all.  Seems to me that since we already have the use of wildcards there, case sensitivity would be a natural enhancement.  Dunno, maybe '-M' ... capital M means wildcards plus case sensitive.)
Sorry, I said that exactly backwards. 'M' for INsensitive.