Re: A way to find a bug (or explain a missuse of) realpath expansion?

hello Bart!

	https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2023/10/msg00003.html
	https://wiki.debian.org/UsrMerge

> You're trying to use a glob qualifier form (:A) but you're not doing
> globbing, you're doing parameter expansion.

I was globing to remove non-existing directories.

But let's say it wasn't intentional: don't you think the result is
flawed anyway? I mean: I don't understand how the same expansion on
2 identical elements of the list can lead to 2 different results.

> >   dpkg-buildpackage?)
> > * run a gdb session and start to explore the code
>
> I think that would only confuse you further. That would be like
> trying to learn programming by disassembling a compiler.

I had a lot of epiphanies in the past just by dumping the call stack at
the good moment. The possibility of this way of learning really depends
the way functions are writen (atomicity, name, …) so the underlining
question of my precedent mail was: "is the code of zsh easy to dive in"?

> In the example here, I would say start by understanding the order of
> operations from the "Expansion" chapter in the doc

zshexpn is by far the manual i spent most of my time!

--
Marc Chantreux
Pôle CESAR (Calcul et services avancés à la recherche)