Re: history puzzle

On 2024-06-04 12:28, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
On Tue, Jun 4, 2024, at 2:12 PM, Mark J. Reed wrote:
What's "history -m"? Doesn't that just look for items in the history
containing "-m"?
It's the same as "fc -lm": it lists history events that are within
the (explicitly or implicitly) specified range and that match the
pattern given as the option-argument to -m.
Well that's a relief to hear.  So I'm not crazy.  My function works fine.  I'm now just trying to figure out this "^" thing.