Re: From zsh back to bash

On Mon, Jul 1, 2024, at 3:39 PM, Gunnar Erik Gervin wrote:
> How do I find out which shell options I have in a zsh terminal?

Assuming you mean "which shells you have available", this command
lists the shells provided by macOS (assuming /etc/shells hasn't
been modified):

	% cat /etc/shells

Presumably you know about any shells that you've installed yourself.

> How do I set the standard shell (in an iMac from 2017) to be bash
> instead of zsh ?

Assuming you mean "default interactive shell", follow these
instructions but select bash instead of zsh:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/102360

Note that macOS's /bin/bash is very old.  If you want to use another
bash, you may have to adjust the instructions (e.g., run "sudo chsh
-s /path/to/newer/bash" instead of the unprivileged "chsh -s
/bin/bash").

How to obtain another bash is left as an exercise for the reader.

--
vq