Re: string match simplification?

On 2024-09-03 09:03, Roman Perepelitsa wrote:
You might be looking for ${filename:e}. It does not differentiate between short vs long extensions, but you probably shouldn't either.

Now that's compact.  What's it's antimatter twin -- grab everything but the extension?  And yeah, I'm ambivalent about the idea of limiting the length of the extensions I want to consider 'real', it's negotiable as circumstances unfold.