Re: USERNAME bug zsh-2.6-beta9

On Jun 30, 10:20am, Philip Kizer wrote:
} Subject: Re: USERNAME bug zsh-2.6-beta9
}
} becker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Paul H. Becker) wrote:
} >One (tiny) problem I have found with zsh-2.6-beta9 (as well as
} >zsh-2.6-beta9-hzoli9) is that when I "su" to a new user, $USERNAME stays
} >the same as the person I initially logged in as ($LOGNAME). Previous
} >version of zsh (zsh-2.6-beta8) correctly change $USERNAME when I "su".

Er, sorry, but that's the correct behavior.  USERNAME and USER and
LOGNAME and HOME and so on should only get changed when you use "su -"
(to run the new shell as a login shell).  Otherwise the environment
is supposed to remain that of the original user.

--
Bart Schaefer                                      Vice President, Engineering
schaefer@xxxxxxxxxx                                Z-Code Software Corporation

What quantity of engineers is required to rotationally reconfigure an
electronically-actuated filament-enabled photon-wave generator?