2.6b8, 2.6b10 time bug

First off, the builtin time doesn't seem to report on builtins.  Secondly,
using the builtin time in a subshell gives bogus results.

This takes place in 2.6-beta8 and 2.6-beta10, at least.

I'm not on this list, so I'd appreciate a copy of any replies.

For now, my workaround is to use /usr/bin/time explicitly.

The vital information:

Cut-n-paste from the shell:

%time echo foo
foo
%time /bin/echo foo
foo
0.129s real  0.030s user  0.090s system  92% /bin/echo foo
%(time /bin/echo foo)
foo
0.133s real  -4730.700s user  -114.370s system  -3633321%
%

Output from the 'reporter' script upon request.  OS is linux 1.2.9, no odd
configuration options were chosen for ZSH.

Jeff
PS Thanks for a fine shell.  You rescued me from TCSH and made me see the
light.
--
\/ Jeff Epler jepler@{herbie.unl.edu|cse.unl.edu|nyx.cs.du.edu}