Re: ZSH's future - POSIX

:>> Zoltan Hidvegi(Z) wrote:
:>> The code should conform to the IEEE POSIX 1003.1 standard and to
:>> the proposed ANSI-C standard so that it should be portable to all
:>> such
:Z> Thanks to Richard, zsh is one of the most portable program I've
:Z> ever seen.  I think ksh could'n beat it.
:Yes, I agree. Richard should take a bow here ;-).

I seem to remember there was a problem with some of the stat() and associated
stuff.  Mainly because POSIX doesn't support all the S_I*() stuff used.
There would need to be a large rewrite of one part of code to make it fully
POSIX compatible.  One really big drawback with POSIX compatibility is its
lack of support for things like symbolic-links, sockets, etc.
--
Mason [G.C.W]  mason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    "Hurt...Agony...Pain...LOVE-IT"