Re: zsh: read with timeout?

>> On Thu, 09 Nov 1995 08:37:57 -0500,
>> acs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

      [Is there a way to give the read-command (in zsh) a timeout-value?]

V> I don't know of any way to get zsh to do this.  I would get expect from
V> ftp.cme.nist.gov:/pub/expect.  It's really designed to handle timeouts
V> and make decisions based on returned values, and..... all kinds of neat
V> stuff.

   Check out "grabchars" in comp.sources.misc volume 12.  It's intended for
   use in shell scripts where you might want a timeout, default answer, or
   restricted set of allowed answers for a given prompt.

--
Karl Vogel                                        vogelke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Control Data Systems, Inc.           ASC/YCOA, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433