Re: aix broken?

> >zsh 2.6.12 doesn't segmentation fault, but its tty interface is
> >broken. In particular, it forgets what <backspace> means, and it
> >doesn't repaint the line correctly after a, for example, ^a^k.
>
> Try relinking with the curses library. (In Src, 'rm zsh', change '-ltermcap'
> to '-lcurses' in Makefile, 'make'). That will fix it.

Why does ibm (and sco) always have to make life hard for programmers?

Since zsh appears to link ok with termcap, I'm not sure how to detect what
to do in configure.  I could make a specific check for aix in configure,
but I hate to do that unless nothing else works.  What have they done
to the termcap library to break this?

I wonder if this type of problem is going to get worse.  Will we
eventually have to rewrite the terminal interface of zsh to use curses
or terminfo, rather than termcap ?

rc