Re: -M options

>I'd like to add these, and I have all of these letters saved.  I just do
>not like -M since it is not intuitive enough.  ksh uses -p which seems to
>be much better but it clashes with many other builtin option.  I did not
>add these mainly because of this.

I rationalised that -M could refer to coMMands.  It would also mean
that the two options meaning the same thing to several builtins would
be -m and -M, which makes it a little easier to remember.

-L (for List, I suppose) would be my first choice, if it were not for
the clash in typeset.  Maybe we could leave typeset as an exception,
though it is a rather large exception.

I don't see any better candidates than these two, unless we want to use
a digit (though that would also cause some confusion with typeset) or a
punctuation character.

-zefram