configure on linux

zsh-3.0-pre2 compiles fine on linux, with a few warnings.  However, for the
past several releases, configure has always failed to successfully determine
that lstat is in fact on my system.  Here are the relevant lines from
config.log:

configure:2608: gcc -o conftest  -Wall -Wno-implicit -Wmissing-prototypes -O2 -D
DEBUG   conftest.c  -ltermcap 1>&5
configure:2594: warning: no previous prototype for `t'
/tmp/cca074981.o(.text+0x14): undefined reference to `lstat'

For the time being, I can always just change my config.h file after running
configure, but where would I look for a more permanent solution.  (I.e., should
I be looking in configure, or do I wnat to go to autoconf?)

John Guthrie
guthrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx