Re: options shenanigans in pre4

> >+ preceding the set of five substitutions mentioned above.
> >+ is
> >  .SH FILENAME EXPANSION
>
> Where did that "is" come from?  It's obviously a typo, and should be
> removed.

I just applied your patch and replaced SH_FILE_SUBST with SH_FILE_EXPN.
Either it was already in the patch or I accidently pressed some keys.

> [Doc/zshoptions.man]
> >! \fBSHIN_STDIN\fP (\-\fBs\fP, ksh: \-\fBs\fP)
> >--- 467,473 ----
> >! \fBSHIN_STDIN\fP (\-\fBs\fP)
>
> {setopt ramble localoptions
> Hmm, I didn't notice that ksh handled this differently from sh.  Maybe
> we *do* need a third set of option letters, though this seems to be the
> only actual incompatibility.  We might want to implement the ksh option
> at some point too.
> }

I would not like that.  I've just checked pdksh which interprets -s as
SH_IN_STDIN unlike ksh93 which sorts the positional parameters.  POSIX does
not requires -s.  It seems that the majority of the shells interpret -s as
shinstdin.  Perhaps the best is to bring it back even if it increases the
risk of misusing it.

> >+ \fBSH_OPTION_LETTERS\fP

> Virtually identical to a patch I was planning to produce after the pre4
> release.  I was going to call it KSH_OPTION_LETTERS, though, because
> the set of options it selects are emulating ksh, not sh.  The other

I'd rather say pdksh.  Neither bash nor ksh93 know about -X and -l, but
both know all of the other sh options in zsh only they interpret -s in a
different way.  pdksh knows both -X and -l but -s behaves as in bash (and
as in the Solaris 2.4 /bin/sh).  This means that the most precise option
name would be PDKSH_OPTION_LETTERS :-) but the next best match is
SH_OPTION_LETTERS if we restore -s as shinstdin.

Zoltan