Re: Installing zsh-3.0-pre4 under HP-UX 10.10

Joachim Backes <backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I have problems to install zsh-3.0-pre4 (and older ones) under HP-UX
> version 10.10. After configuring, which runs without problems:

I had no such problems compiling 3.0-pre4 under HPUX 10.10.  I suspect
your problems are due to having installed gcc under version 10.01.
Gcc installs its own header files which are made from the system
header files.  When upgrading from 10.01 to 10.10 various changes seem
to have been made to the header files and compiling all kinds of
programs with gcc gave me problems, because the gcc fixed 10.01 header
files were incompatible with the 10.10 system ones.  Reinstalling gcc
to get the fixed new header files solved all of them.

Hope this helps.

Bas.