Re: More Configure problems

On Fri, 2 Aug 1996, Peter Stephenson wrote:

> With this set of patches perl built OK with zsh linked to sh and
> passed all tests, the process including & -d, shell escapes, etc.  I
> couldn't rewire /bin/sh, but most shell scripts during the build are
> called with an explicit `sh', so this is quite a good test.

I did link /bin/sh to zsh and ran pel 5.003 Configure; it was O.K.,
including & -d, makedepend and make ;-)

But small problem with command substitution anyway. The following:

% : `
bquote> cat > foo << eof
bquote> a
bquote> eof
bquote> `
>        <-- !!!

runs perfectly on my /bin/sh (and should according to POSIX :)) but not
under zsh. (Including last three patches to heredoc an $(< ...) fix). It
wants something after the last backtick. The same problem with $() form.
If the heredoc delimiter is quoted, it is O.K.

% : `
bquote> cat > foo << \eof
bquote> a
bquote> eof
bquote> `
%

Again in `` or $() form.

The example is probably perverse; so it just FYI

greetings

Andrej Borsenkow 		Fax:   +7 (095) 252 01 05
SNI ITS Moscow			Tel:   +7 (095) 252 13 88

NERV:  borsenkow.msk		E-Mail: borsenkow.msk@xxxxxx