Re: bug in zsh 3.0-pre6?

> Hello,
>
> it seems that it has a problem with 8-bit characters immediately following a
> redirection (like |, > etc.).
>
> If I do:
>
> cat>é
>
> ..I get:
>
> zsh: Oops. You discovered a bug in hungetc
>
> If I precede the 'é' with a space, everything works.

Fortunately, this is not a real bug, it's just a missing cast in a debug
test.

Zoltan

*** Src/hist.c	1996/08/12 01:36:46	2.24
--- Src/hist.c	1996/08/13 18:32:08
***************
*** 521,527 ****
  	if (hptr == chline)
  	    zerr("hungetc attempted at buffer start", NULL, 0);
  	else {
! 	    if (hptr[-1] != c)
  		/* Someone probably tried to unget something which is *
  		 * not returned by hgetc.                             */
  		zerr("Oops. You discovered a bug in hungetc", NULL, 0);
--- 521,527 ----
  	if (hptr == chline)
  	    zerr("hungetc attempted at buffer start", NULL, 0);
  	else {
! 	    if (hptr[-1] != (char) c)