Speed of zsh line editing

I just dropped my linux zsh 3.0.0 binary onto a machine that I access across a
28800 PPP link and tried it out.  Tim Luoma is right -- it's significantly
slower than 2.6-beta15-hzoli14 (which I have on another machine there) and
ridiculously slow compared to bash on the same machine.

I'll see if I can generate some typescript output to send to Geoff.

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern

New male in /home/schaefer: