Re: compatibility problem with bash?

Zoltan Hidvegi (hzoli@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote on 29 October 1996 02:29:
 >> I linked /bin/sh to /bin/zsh 3.0.1. However, when installing certain
 >> specific debian packages in linux I get the following error:
 >>
 >> Setting up gzip (1.2.4-11) ...
 >> install-info: read gzip -d </usr/info/gzip.info.gz |: 13
 >>
 >> The problem doesn't happen if sh is a link to bash. I can get more
 >> details if necessary.
 >
 >I would really appreciate if you can send me more details.  From that I
 >cannot tell anything.  Note that zsh is not fully compatible with bash but
 >it tries to be compatible with POSIX.  Please send this install-info script
 >and tell me as much as possuble about it knowing that I've never used
 >debian of dpkg.

Well, here's the installation script:

#! /bin/sh

set -e

install-info --quiet --section "General Commands" "General Commands" \
        /usr/info/gzip.info.gz

I put a -x in the set command, and it does work well. However,
install-info is a perl script! I could post it, but it has 352
lines... I can send it personally if necessary.

Carlos