Re: OPEN_MAX from sysconf

Johan Danielsson wrote:
> Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Phew, this is rather a mess when you look into the details.  Here's
> > the story.
>
> A lot better, but I assume that you can raise it to an arbitrary
> limit. The solution we are really looking for is something better than
> having to malloc(arbitrary number).

You could have some maximum for the initial allocation for fdtable and
get the stuff in utils.c to allocate more if it was necessary.
I don't feel like more rewriting myself at the moment.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx>       Tel: +49 33762 77366
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/       Fax: +49 33762 77413