Re: readonly bug

Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:
> Unfortunately read-only variables are not handled very well in most places.
> Here is a fix.  After that zsh prints error message when you attempt to
> change a read-only variable.  Patch applies to both zsh-3.0.2 and zsh-3.1.0

Thanks.  Actually, I was relying on the failure being silent,
otherwise what I was trying to do (suppress an error message from a
bad assignment in a system script I couldn't access) wouldn't work.
However, this corresponds to what ksh does.  I suppose I can't expect
unsupported hacks to work.  The script's now been fixed anyway.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx>       Tel: +49 33762 77366
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/       Fax: +49 33762 77413