Re: Help on zsh grammar

On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, Dietmar Rempfer wrote:

> Let us define the following function:
>
> test () { echo \"$*\" }
>
> Now, if I do ``test blabla'', I get "blabla", which is what I want.
> But if I say e.g. ``test *.aux'', I would like to see "*.aux" printed out,
> but instead I get the message: zsh: no matches found: *.aux.

What about
   test '*.aux' :-)

But really, you want

   unsetopt nomatch

% setopt nomatch
% test *.aux
zsh: no matches found: *.aux
% unsetopt nomatch
% test *.aux
*.aux
% whence -f test
test () {
        echo $*
}

greetings

Andrej Borsenkow 		Fax:   +7 (095) 252 01 05
SNI ITS Moscow			Tel:   +7 (095) 252 13 88

NERV:  borsenkow.msk		E-Mail: borsenkow.msk@xxxxxx