Re: zle_refresh patch 2

gwing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I was slightly uncertain about the correct behaviour here: should
> SINGLE_LINE_ZLE be set when it is `acting as if' it is set?  If it is set,
> then if it stops acting as if it is set, does it go back to the previous
> value?  I believe if yes to the former, then yes to the latter.  But then,
> I don't necessarily believe yes to the former.

The `acting as if set' variable was termok: this is supposed to get
set to TERM_NOUP if the terminal can't go up and to TERM_BAD if the
terminal can't be used.  The idea behind it was exactly that if
SINGLE_LINE_ZLE was not explicitly set and the terminal became a fully
usable sort then it would behave as if the option was unset again. I
don't see why termok and shortterm shouldn't be merged together, they
seem to be doing more or less the same thing.  In fact, if I remember
right setting termok to TERM_NOUP should have the effect desired of
shortterm.  (If not, it's not doing its job properly anyway.)

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx>       Tel: +49 33762 77366
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/       Fax: +49 33762 77413