compctl -X

Zoltan fixed compctl -X some time ago, but I think there's still
something wrong:  it works when listing but when actually completing
it prints the explanation only if the completion failed --- surely it
should print it only if the completion succeded?  You don't want to
be told `Doing completion X, 0 matches' when the completion mechanism
is trying something else, you want to be told when it *has* found
something according to that rule and is therefore inserting the
result.  (I should have woken up to this earlier, sorry.)

*** Src/Zle/zle_tricky.c.expl	Wed Feb 19 16:37:40 1997
--- Src/Zle/zle_tricky.c	Wed Feb 19 16:37:47 1997
***************
*** 2123,2129 ****
  	}

  	/* Print the explanation string if needed. */
! 	if (!showinglist && expl && !nmatches) {
  	    int up;

  	    feep();
--- 2123,2129 ----
  	}