Oops (was Re: Core dump in 3.0.3-test5)

Peter Stephenson (moi) wrote:
> There's another aspect to this, at least in 3.1.x after the latest
> history reorganisation.

I've just remembered why I needed HA_NOINC and it's still necessary.
Otherwise, when you do !!<TAB>, it thinks you want the line before
last.  Try _this_ more minimal (grammar??) patch instead.

*** Src/hist.c.has	Fri May  9 11:29:08 1997
--- Src/hist.c	Mon May 12 11:18:57 1997
***************
*** 567,579 ****
      curhistent = gethistent(curhist);
      if (!curhistent->ftim)
  	curhistent->ftim = time(NULL);
      if (interact && isset(SHINSTDIN) && !strin) {
  	attachtty(mypgrp);
  	defev = curhist;
- 	histactive = HA_ACTIVE;
  	curhist++;
      } else
! 	histactive = HA_NOINC;
  }

  /* compare current line with history entry using only text in words */
--- 567,579 ----
      curhistent = gethistent(curhist);
      if (!curhistent->ftim)
  	curhistent->ftim = time(NULL);
+     histactive = HA_ACTIVE;
      if (interact && isset(SHINSTDIN) && !strin) {
  	attachtty(mypgrp);
  	defev = curhist;
  	curhist++;
      } else
! 	histactive |= HA_NOINC;
  }

  /* compare current line with history entry using only text in words */
***************
*** 762,771 ****
  	chwordpos--;	/* make sure we're on a word start, not end */
      /* If we're expanding an alias, we should overwrite the expansion
       * in the history.
-      * If we're in a string, we don't need the full history line
-      * and can overwrite also.
       */
!     if (((inbufflags & INP_ALIAS) || strin) && !(inbufflags & INP_HIST))
  	hwgetword = chwordpos;
      else
  	hwgetword = -1;
--- 762,769 ----
  	chwordpos--;	/* make sure we're on a word start, not end */
      /* If we're expanding an alias, we should overwrite the expansion
       * in the history.
       */
!     if ((inbufflags & INP_ALIAS) && !(inbufflags & INP_HIST))
  	hwgetword = chwordpos;
      else
  	hwgetword = -1;

--