Re: Warning: patch-2.2 and zsh-3.1.2 patch

Andrej Borsenkow <borsenkow.msk@xxxxxx> writes:

> Probably of some interest: I had problems with new patch 2.2. First,
> it rejects plain -p option (without operand);

It's a "feature" of the new patch; you must add the 0 operand
explicitly now.

> second, if given patch _without_ -p option at all, it cannot find
> any file with pathname.

Patch without `-p' simply ignores the directory name; that aspect is
unchanged.

Why the patch developers chose to change patch behaviour now is
totally beyond me.  The change isn't significant enough to be called a
major breakage, but it certainly is annoying.  And there was *no need*
for it.

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@xxxxxxx> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia