Re: unique partial completion

> as it should (there are lots of mod* files) but there are no beeps
> or completion lists to indicate that this completion is incomplete.
> Even with 'setopt auto_list list_beep' I dont get a warning or a
> completion list.  When I hit <TAB> for the second time, I now get
> the beep and the list.
>
> So this occurs exactly when there is a unique partial completion.

The defaults have changed in zsh-3.1.1, the LIST_AMBIGUOUS option is on by
default.  Several other options are set now by default (see the Dec 27 1997
entry in the ChangeLog).  This should make zsh more user friendly when
invoked without without any startup files.  Many people symply do not know
about most of the zsh options.  Just add unset LIST_AMBIGUOUS into your
.zshrc.

Zoltan