forwarded message

This came through on zsh-workers-request.

/rc

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 14:26:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ollivier Robert <roberto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: zsh-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [3.1.1-beta] bug with %{...%} ?

Hi everyone,

Using the Jan. 28th version of 3.1.1-beta, I've tumbled on something I
think may be a bug. It also happens with the previous version I compiled
(3.0.2).

In brief, it seems that %{...%} is not working properly inside PS1.

In tcsh, I use

set prompt="%{\033]2;%n@%M:%/ - %l\007\033]1;%l@%m\007%}%h [%T] %B%n%b@%m:%B%.2%#%b "

to set my xterm icon name & title and prompt.

If I try to use the same kind of strings for zsh, the %{...%} doesn't seem
to be really interpreted as I'd expect and I get this:

\033]2;roberto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/build/zsh-3.1.1 - p2\007\033]1;p2@keltia\007203 [20:14] roberto@keltia:zsh-3.1.12%

Is this a bug or did I miss somewhere in the documentation (I've read it)
the correct way to use "%{...%}" ?

If this is fixed in a later version, I'll upgrade of course.

Thanks,

PS: I'm not on the list so please remember to me put in Cc:, thanks.
- --
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: There are no limits -=- roberto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Usenet Canal Historique

------- End of Forwarded Message