Re: weird zsh startup behavior

On Fri 8 Aug 1997, Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:

> > Does anyone know under what circumstances zsh will change directory on
> > startup?  I was in root under sh, ran zsh, and zappo, switched directories,
> > and not to root's home directory.  Both home directories are automounted.
>
> We can only fix this problem if you provide more details about the
> problem.  What zsh version, OS, OS version, libc version, compiler are
> you using?  Can you reproduce this with zsh -f?  If not, try to find the
> command in you startup files which triggers the problem.

Sorry, brain on hold.  zsh 3.0.4, Solaris 2.5.1, gcc-2.7.2.2, whatever libc
Sun ships withe Solaris 2.5.1.

Reproduced with zsh -f:

# pwd
/home/lsims
# zsh -f
lanshark:/home/sinclair# pwd
/home/sinclair

I've also checked to make sure both users have unique uid's and home dirs,
which both do.  Also, the auto_home file points correctly to two different
directories.

John Harres
harres@xxxxxxxx