Re: default command function

> Perhaps the command search order (builtin, function, external command,
> ...) could go into a shell parameter, making `builtin' and `command'
> just special cases of this more general facility.  (I think this
> sort of feature was first suggested to me by Richard, and I have
> recently implemented it, in a very general form, in a shell I wrote
> for a non-Unix OS.)

When I was maintainer, I spent a couple weeks working on this idea,
and eventually threw all the code away.  It just got too hackish.

If you could make this work, it would be great.

As part of this, I wanted to merge the command search code with
the where/whence/type builtin.  There are several different places
where zsh goes searching for a command.

--
Richard Coleman
coleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx