Re: Bindkey problem on Solaris 2.6 with zefram4

On Fri, Apr 10, 1998 at 04:48:43PM -0500, Francisco Solsona wrote:
> Andy Wick <awick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I am upgrading from 3.0.5 to 3.1.2-zefram4 so sorry if I missed something obvious.
> >
> > The arrow keys just don't work.  I tried doing a
> >    zsh -f
> >    bindkey -d
> > and that does fix them.  I tried doing what I do for 3.0.5
> 	   ^^^^^^^^
>
> 	You mean "does not" fix them, right? Anyway, maybe it has something
> to do with Solaris 2.6, we're using 3.1.2-zefram4 on Solaris 2.5 and Linux
> 2.0.32 with not a single problem.

Sorry you are right I meant does NOT!

> 	I use this bindkey in mi .zshrc,
>
> 	bindkey -me
>
> and the arrow keys have been working as usual.

Yes this does work!  This gave me an idea.  Arrows work FINE
no matter how I do it *IF* I use up-arrow-or-history (which is what -me does).
But if I use my up-arrow-or-search then it doesn't work.  I did just
a straight ./configure so I am not use modules or anything.  Do I need to
for the up-arrow-or-search to work?

Thanks for getting me closer!!!

Thanks,
Andy